Spicy Stuffed Peppers
Make one just for yourself, or make several to share with friends! This dish is easy, nutritious and a sure fire pleaser for everyone. These peppers are easy to make meat lovers or keep them vegetarian! This recipe makes about 4 peppers.
- Black beans, 1 can
- Corn, 1 can
- Rice, 1 cup uncooked
- Shredded Cheese
- Peppers- we like green because they stay crunchier, but chose your favorite color or use a variety!
- Cosmo’s Hot Spicy Ranch
- Optional: lime, cilantro, avocado
- Meat options: steak, chorizo, ground beef, chicken. Sub for 1/2 of beans and corn and 1/4 of rice
- Cook rice until soft
- Mix rice, warmed beans and corn (or meat if you so chose)
- Cut the top off of the peppers, pull out any remaining seeds
- Preheat oven to 400°
- Layer rice mixture and Cosmo’s Hot Spicy Ranch approximately 3 times until pepper is fully stuffed
- Top with plenty of cheese- you can also alternate layers of cheese with Cosmo’s!
- Place stuffed peppers into a baking pan, preferably with raised edges for support
- Add approximately 1/2 cup chicken stock to pan to help cooking process (around the peppers, not on them)
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until soft
- Broil on high for 1 minutes to brown cheese
- Top with your favorites!